At United Performance Metals, our experienced team understands what tube mills require!
Slit coil for tubing applications must meet our customers' requirements for clean material with consistent shape and edge quality. UPM takes extra steps in our slitting process to remove dirt or debris that can impede the welding process. Slit metal strips of steel may require edge conditioning before moving on to the next step of the production process. The metal strips are rolled to smooth the edges and remove burs. Utilizing proper edging lines can be an important step in this process, especially for industries such as aerospace, manufacturing, military and construction. Good tooling helps to minimize burr. Our shop maintains multiple sets of tooling for each slitter as well as a rigorous upkeep program. Reasonable run speeds help maintain consistency, but faster is not always better. The investments we've made in both our slitters and tooling allow the equipment to run with a high degree of precision with minimal tool marks on a strip. United Performance Metals' slitting lines are built to accommodate a large array of materials, with five slitters including 12", 18" turret, 18" light gauge, 24" and 50".
- The 12” slitter is capable of slitting coils ranging in thickness of .015 to .125.
- The 18” Light Gauge slitter is capable of slitting coils ranging in thickness of .005 to 0.40.
- The 18” Turret Head slitter is capable of slitting coils ranging in thicknesses of .020 to .125.
- The 24” slitter is capable of slitting coils ranging in thickness of .018 to .060.
- The 50” slitter is capable of slitting coils ranging in thickness of .015-.135.
The Turret slitter boasts state-of-the-art technology which will yield reduced set up time, increased line speeds, the ability to pull narrow cuts, and overall operator efficiency. This slitter also features a pressure bar system which eliminates scratching and reduces camber and an interchangeable rewind drum capable of 16” or 20” ID options.