Water Jet Cutting
A waterjet uses a high pressure stream of water combined with a granular additive. As the pressurized mixture passes through a small diameter nozzle, it forms a coherent jet of abrasive/water moving at very high speeds which will erode a narrow line in a stock material.
United Performance Metals can deliver material that is custom cut to your exact specifications. Laser and waterjet cutting capabilities allow us to cut material in a variety of thicknesses and tolerances. Best of all our cutting processes allow us to save you time and money.
- Streamline your manufacturing process by receiving product that is ready to weld, form or bend.
- Reduce scrap by only paying for the metal you use.
- Increase profits by reducing the administrative burden of managing multiple sources - let us be your single source for material and cutting requirements.
Our in-house, state-of-the-art inspection and reverse engineering equipment ensures cut parts are delivered to your exact specifications. Have a part, but not a drawing? Our reverse engineering capabilities can help.
United Performance Metals also offers finishing options to its laser customers by incorporating a Timesaver® high-production deburring machine. For those customers who would like to include finishing options, parts can be laser cut and then transferred to the Timesaver®. This machine further removes small burrs and imperfections. The end result is a high quality, finished part that will move quickly through the next stage of its production.
Mazak 4000 Watt laser Calypso Hammerhead Waterjet
- Stainless Steel
- .015" - 0.375" Thick
- Max Sheet Size 60" x 120"
- Automated Sheet Loader/Unloader
- 2 Axis Cutting
- Full 60x120 Cutting Area
- Max thickness of 8"
- Cuts Virtually Any Material