United Performance Metals continues to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation globally and in the locations where we operate. With this letter, we want to communicate our current plan to address the situation. Our objectives are to protect the health of our employees, families, communities, and our commercial partners, and to maintain business continuity so that we may serve our customers during this difficult time.
To those ends, we are in close communication with all employees regarding measures to help prevent the spread of this virus while conducting business. We have deployed a detailed plan that includes the following specific actions:
- Communication to all employees on practices to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Business travel restrictions for all UPM employees. Visitors to all of our locations are highly discouraged and are restricted to only the most urgent matters which cannot be handled by phone or teleconference. Any visitors will subject to strictly enforced social distancing practices.
- Increased scheduled cleaning and disinfecting of the offices, warehouses, equipment, lunchrooms, conference rooms and bathrooms.
- Maintenance of regular communication with our material suppliers to understand their operational status, work in process, and delivery status.
- Coordinated communication with customers via Skype, video and phone to maintain information flow and high levels of service.
- A Leadership Taskforce established to monitor our local site operations, make rapid decisions, and execute our detailed action plan.
We remain optimistic that these actions will minimize the risks to the health of our people and will help us maintain the daily operations at our local sites.
UPM is grateful for your continued understanding and support during this difficult time. We are continually monitoring the situation and will keep you apprised of changes to our situation and any potential impacts to our commercial partners.
Tom Kennard, President, United Performance Metals
Brad Butler, Compliance Manager, United Performance Metals, email@example.com