Each year on November 15, we’re reminded to “Clean up our act,” so to speak. One week before the Thanksgiving holiday, we are encouraged by National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day to prep our kitchens for the madness!
Many of our homes will soon be filled with company, and our refrigerators will be jam-packed with more food than ever. To make room for all the extra goodies, we are encouraged to do some early cleaning and organization. Remember that obscure food item you picked up for that fabulous new recipe…and never used again? Now is the time to give it the old heave-ho!
How do you prepare? Fill a bucket with soap and hot water, find a clean sponge and a fresh garbage bag, and you are ready for the day! Here are a few tips to keep you motivated and on track:
- Empty each shelf.
- Throw away expired food and items you haven’t used in months.
- Completely wipe down the inside of the refrigerator.
- Wash all drawers and dry them completely before returning them.
- Vacuum condenser coils and vacuum out under the refrigerator.
- Restock shelves and drawers with fresh staples and condiments.
- Enjoy your nice, clean, organized refrigerator.
Your holiday company may not notice all the work you’ve done to prep for your big meal, but you will have the satisfaction of knowing you have cleaned one of the messiest appliances in your home.
Posted November 07, 2018
Return to Blog