In Plasma Cutting, a column of electrically charged gas creates a high-energy arc, which melts the material being worked in a narrow path. A good alternative for flame-cutting, the plasma-cutting process was originally developed to cut electically conductive materials such as alloy steel or aluminum.
United Performance Metals Plasma Cutting Capabilities
- Our Messer hi-definition plasma cutter is capable of cutting stainless and nickel plate up to 5” thick.
- The plasma cutter utilizes computer numerically controlled (CNC) systems for the highest degree of accuracy.
- Our nesting software helps reduce scrap by maximizing the number of products per sheet or plate.
- To ensure clean parts, we can shot blast, tumble blast, or grind the plasma cut edge of the cut parts.
- Skidding, shrink wrapping or special packaging is also available upon request.
Key Features of Plasma Cutting
- Smooth and square edges
- Good cutting speed for high levels of production
- Reduced heat transfer
- Wide range of material compatability